Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day Off Today


My decision-making activities got the day off today.  Well deserved, I might add.

Since there really is always something to think about where boat building is concerned, I did visit the Lebroc website and read up on all the styles of helm chairs offered.  I continue to like the Tradewinds model, which is listed as a series 2 chair.  I have no idea what that means, but it's a good-looking and functional chair, so that's all that matters.  Two of the many neutral colors caught my eye - silk and almond.  They're not white, but don't have the yellowish cast some neutrals have.  Amazing how many shades of white and beige exist with all sorts of exotic names!

Tom B. is waiting for manufacturer information on salon table struts.  I've recently discovered that cars are not the only things with struts.  There are gas struts in many places on the boat - master berth, lazarette door - and in the hi-lo tables under consideration - and probably other places yet to be identified.  So while he looks into struts, I'll amuse myself with the infinitely more exciting table designs.

I've pored through the 55' brochure so many times, the pages are starting to fray.  I'd better hurry up with these decisions before the booklet falls apart and - there goes my security blanket.  I've taken to actually carrying a manila folder with my latest notes (and plan views) in my purse.  Of course that necessitated upgrading to a larger purse, but it's always wonderful to upgrade one's purse.

I'm sorry this blog isn't more newsworthy and exciting, but I didn't want to go silent just as you were starting to make this blog part of your nightly read (judging from the huge increase in page views since last Tuesday, there is quite a bit of reading going on).  Thank you for that.

I promise to report back on the next round of decisions.  New drawings are in the works, so I'll try to get some snapshots of anything I think might be of interest to you.  If you need to know about something specific or want to see something special, just let me know and I'll try to oblige.  I love to read your comments, so please keep them coming.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates! Good for you for continuining to follow your dream.

    God Bless!
    John

    ReplyDelete