Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Loading Pictures Hot Off the Press!

Thanks for waiting.

This is Eris J, the freighter charged with the very important job of getting my girl home to her mama - safely and in one piece.


The following pictures show the big girl being eased aboard Eris J - very carefully.  "Don't drop her!" I prayed as I looked at each picture.  So pretty!  Notice that her pulpit is already affixed to the bow.



Typical of a woman, she's showing off both her port and starboard sides.


Soon this view will be displaying her beautiful name.  The gold leafing and shadow have already been selected.  Just waiting to look at some fonts and lettering styles.  What a posterior!! LOL!  Note her swim platform in place.  I can just picture myself poised there before going for a swim or snorkel.


I think she likes making sure both her views are photographed.  Unlike her mama, both her sides are gorgeous.  Looks like she caused some serious overtime hours!


Oh oh, she's on her way aboard!  Be careful folks!


I can't help but think of the movie, "A Star is Born" when I look at this picture.  She is the center of attention - and rightly so!  Don't know why, but this picture puts a lump in my throat.  I wish Tom was looking at this picture over my shoulder at this very moment.


Crazy, but I have a picture of Serenity in this exact position - taken in December, 2010.  In this picture, she makes my heart leap.  She's getting closer to her "bed" for her trip.


Well, she arrived on deck safely and is in the company of other boats.  At least she won't be lonely.


 She's secured and ready to come home.  Fair winds and following seas Eris J.  Please bring my girl home safely to me.  I've been waiting a long time for her and am counting the days til I see her.


So since there won't be any more pictures of my girl until she arrives in early October, I'll send pictures of the pilot house, helm, staterooms and heads.  If you're good, I'll send pictures of the tiles I selected and the way I hope to have them set into the back splash.  If you can't wait and want to know anything else (besides the name), just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment