Sunday, January 20, 2013

Life is Good!

Wednesday, January 16

Somehow it's already Wednesday, but it's a beautiful Wednesday.  Our now favorite ritual of enjoying coffee in the cockpit is the morning's highlight.  Even throwing a load of laundry in is no big deal.  Of course having a washer and dryer on the boat makes that chore no big deal.  On For Us, when I had to haul the laundry, the detergent, dryer sheets and a gazillion quarters up the dock, it was a big deal!  

It's so interesting to see how people live in a marina.  A family of 6 lives on the sailboat across the dock from us - parents and 4 boys ranging in age from grade school to college.  One son is headed back to college tomorrow, while the other 3 skateboard and bicycle up and down the dock on their way to and from school.  The mom baked cookies for us this afternoon and brought them over.  Am I dreaming?

This afternoon Laura is taking me to her tennis club for lunch.  There is a pro ladies tournament going on there this week.  Women from all over the world are here for the tournament, trying to accumulate enough points to move up in the world of ladies pro tennis and hopefully make it to a spot in the Open.  When we drove into the club's entrance, I couldn't believe my eyes - how beautiful is this????



Everyone looked happy.  Many volunteers were running about, while the spectators enjoyed the games.  Laura and I headed towards the restaurant, but after seeing this view, I just had to share it with you.




How did I get so lucky that I'm a guest at this beautiful club, overlooking palm trees and a pool framed by a brilliant blue sky?  I'm sure people nearby are whispering, "Why is that woman over there  pinching herself?  Oh, she's from New York", and everyone nods knowingly.  LOL

The way out is as beautiful as the way in, so just one more picture for you...


Oops, a bit out of order, but you get the picture (no pun intended).

Today is a day of relaxation - no cocktail or dinner plans - well, someone dropped by to say hello, but nothing planned was happening.  The captain and I enjoyed the afternoon sun, read and dozed (well, he dozed.  I'm not much of a dozer).  To continue this leisurely pace, we decided to have a little barbecue.  Nothing more than burgers on the grill, but watching the sunset from the flybridge was better than dinner in a 5 star restaurant.  I think I can live like this every day and never get tired of it for one second.   I know folks say that vacation does that to you, but life aboard can't possibly be dull.

Later on, I actually watched a movie in the salon.  I don't know what it is about being on this boat, but I am a different person when aboard.  Maybe the name of the boat is meant to impart serenity to a person who is seldom serene.  Maybe it's the beauty of sky and water, friendly people and not having to be somewhere unless I want to be there.  Not sure if it's any one thing, but whatever it is, I am one serene and happy person!

No comments:

Post a Comment