Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

As I write this, Tom and I are having the most unique Thanksgiving of our many, many years together!
He is aboard Serenity (alone) in Morehead City NC, while I'm home (alone) on Long Island.  Thanks to Hurrricane Sandy, the nor'easter and a multi-day gale in Tom's neck of the woods, we are apart.  The plan was for me to jump aboard in Charleston so we could spend Thanksgiving together aboard Serenity.  I guess when it comes to weather and water, weather rules.

I called Tom and gave him the pro and college football game schedules for Thanksgiving.  The games along with a re-run of all the Godfather movies will keep Tom happy all day.  I watched the (entire) Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, clapped when Santa appeared and spent the day puttering to my heart's delight.  To be fair, I had to fend off no less than 8 dinner invitations, but the allure of spending an entire day at home and not running around trying to cram too much into too few hours, proved irresistible.

All too soon night has fallen and another Thanksgiving is in the rear view mirror.  Despite the fact that I'm not with loved ones (except for our cat Zoe), I did not forget to give thanks for my incredibly fantastic life and the wonderful people who are a part of it.

I hope you all had a wonderful day and celebrated in the spirit of the word "Thanksgiving".

No comments:

Post a Comment